Saturday 21 February 2015

Skin Confidence





I have combined sensitive skin with blemishes and oil only focusing around my chin. 
Also extremely dry and sensitive eyes.

I'm still not 100% confident with my skin, but here are some little tips that helped me improve on it.

Find a skin routine that works for you: I know trying out products can be scary, especially if you have such troubled skin like me. I only got a skincare routine last year which i regret so bad. Because not only does it improve your skin, i get a bit of reassurance and confidence from it.

Stop caring so much: Easier said than done. Realise that people aren't looking at your skin, i know when you have a spot and you are stressing out, that odds are people wont even look at it.

Boys don't care either: Girl, don't get me wrong, i know the horror of staying round a boys and completely freaking out, topping up your concealer every hour. Boys don't give it a second thought. They know you aren't perfect. Boys actually prefer you without.

Baby steps: Don't jump into the deep end. You aren't going to wake up and decide todays the day. I started with wearing lighter coverage foundations, BB creams and just concealer on blemishes. Small journeys like walking the dog, or going to the supermarket don't require a full face of makeup

Accept the skin your in: This is something i struggled with, no matter how hard you wish you can't change your skin, you can look after it, improve it but its still your skin. Learn to accept it and work with it, and you will see a difference in no time.

Face Masks: This is a bit of a weird one and it could be only me but whenever i use a face mask i just feel better about myself and my skin. Defiantly check out the lush ones!

You don't need bitches in your life: This applies to everything really. I know school/college and even work, you get bitches. You probably wont see it, but its the sort of 'friends' who make digs at you 'that makes you look fat' 'is that a spot' 'your hair looks greasy' those people are the people you need to drop right now, doesn't matter if they are having a laugh, or tell you to take a joke. No. You cut that person out. You will not let another person put you down ok.

I know these aren't like top secret tips or anything, but i thought it could help you a little if you are feeling a little down and just know you're not the only one.


Have you got any tips?
Lemme know, Summa x

9 comments:

  1. This is so true. Only recently after taking a strong strong course of antibiotics has my skin cleared up, (I'm 21.) Going through my teenage years with bad skin was so depressing, when really I was the one making it out to be worse than it was! All of these are so correct and on point.

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was given a night cream which is helping with the blemish scars but haven't completely faded. I agree we all make such a big deal out of our skin when there isn't a deal to be made out of! Thanks for reading

      Summa x

      Delete
  2. As I've been loving your blog a lot recently I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Check it out on my blog - http://franzizzy.blogspot.de/2015/02/my-very-first-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great tips- especially not caring as much. The only person that cares as much about your skin is you! That was such a hard one for me to get over when I was younger with problem skin. Once you realize no one else cares, it's smooth sailing!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, when you get over it, it literally is the best, feeling like you need the fullest coverage foundation sucked and piling on the concealer which didn't help my skin at all!

      Summa x

      Delete
  4. I just started with a proper skincare routine, and in the five days I've been following it my skin has improved so much. My acne is pretty much almost all healing up, and it just looks clearer.
    My tips? Well I've been using an oil cleanser (like DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, or Loreal which is cheaper), then a micellar water, then my over the counter acne treatment and a moisturiser. And I've stopped using scrubs, they were so drying and harsh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so good! It does make such a difference to your skin from early on, I'm yet to try a oil cleanser, i also been using a over the counter treatment to help fading marks, but its annoying as i can't apply moisturiser over it!

      Summa x

      Delete
  5. Love this post and totally agree with everything you have put! I feel like as soon as I stopped caring about my skin it started to improve, think I was thinking it was worse than it was. Water/diet and savlon are my tips! x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its always the way it goes isn't it, when you have a spot and you need to go down for a certain day and then it goes the day after!
      Water has improved my skin so much, but i might take you up on the savlon idea:)

      Summa x

      Delete