Sunday 12 April 2015

Make up Geek Shadows

I recently purchased some make up geek shadows.
With the hype around these, i couldn't resist.

[L to R] Shimma Shimma, Beaches and Cream, Creme Brûlée, Coco Bear, Grandstand, Moondust, Corrupt

I'm seriously impressed with the quality of these, especially for $6, they are extremely buttery.

I swatched the shadows so you can see how pigmented they are in just one swipe. The picture doesn't do the shimmers justice, especially Grandstand which is part of their beautiful foiled collection.

[L to R] Shimma Shimma, Beaches and Cream, Creme Brûlée, Coco Bear, Grandstand, Moondust, Corrupt


Shimma Shimma: This is probably my favourite shade, it looks beautiful all over the lid and really opens up your eyes.
Beaches and Cream: This shadow is a bit too light for my liking, it makes a good transition shade on fair skin, but wouldn't recommend it anyone past light skin.
Creme Brûlée: This is another transition shade which would be ideal for anyone, it makes applying any colours beautiful and blend like a dream.
Coco Bear: I love this shade for warming up the eye and popping in the crease to deepen a look. Its really a must have in your collection.
Grandstand: My first foiled shadow and i am blown away with one light touch it packs some much colour with no fall out what so ever, you will not need your Fix+ for this beauty.
Moondust: Interrupting the warm theme i had going on, this is beautiful for a grey smokey eye and looks lovely all over the lid.
Corrupt: The most pigmented blackest black around. Do not doubt this shadow, a dip of a brush and you're set. Also blends beautifully for a black.



I created this eye by popping Beaches and Cream as a transition shade, then adding Creme Brûlée for more depth and blended it up to my brow bone, the last shade i used in my crease was Coco Bear and focused this more in the crease and slightly on the outer corner. I placed Shimma Shimma all over my lid as this shadow is life and for my bottom lash line i put Coco Bear for a bit of depth. 
I gave liner a miss this day as i wanted to keep the eyes quite soft. I used my Rimmel Lash Accelerator for lengthy looking lashes.

What do you think of Makeup Geek Shadows?
Lemme know, Summa x

4 comments:

  1. These are so pretty!!! The shades are stunning and definitely ones I would go for x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love makeup geek shadows so much! I really want some of the foiled shadows, grandstand looks gorgeous. Your swatches have also made me want shimma shimma! Did you buy these all in one go? I've only been ordering 3 pan shadows at a time when I order from makeup geek as I'm scared of getting charged customs and I saw someone saying they don't charge customs if your order is bellow £25 including shipping.

    Also I nominated you for a liebster award :)

    Tara Eavan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favourite! Shimma Shimma is my most used shadow. I brought these in one go but unfortunately got a custom charge:( and thank you!

      Summa x

      Delete
  3. Wow! All of these eyeshadows are so pretty! <3

    www.arietoki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete